Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tall Ships Scrapbook

I’ve been meaning to post this project for months! I finished this scrapbook sometime in either late January or early February. I was so proud to finish it and to give my mom something so special.
To explain the scrapbook a little bit, my mom and I went to see the Tall Ships when they were in Duluth in August last year and before she headed home I offered to put all of the pictures that we took on a CD for her. She responded with, “Oh, I thought you’d make me a scrapbook.” Nice hint Mom – maybe you could spell it out more? :)
Once I started to work on the scrapbook. I came to a road block almost instantly. How do you create a scrapbook based on something that only lasted a couple of hours? Better yet – how do you make it interesting? Well, I hope I accomplished that – Trav helped me write a story tale about the day and I added the pictures to help tell that story. I hope you enjoy it!

























This last photo is actually missing a clear CD holder that I put on the outside of the sleeve protector to store a CD with all of the pictures from our adventure.

What do you think? Any techniques that you like? What would you have done different?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Amanda,
    I absolutely LOVE your scrapbook about the tall ships...I've been waiting patiently for you to pick up with your blog again...Rachel hasn't touched hers for a few months either...don't you pelple know that I like reading your blogs??? LOL..
    Love ya, Susie.

    ReplyDelete